This post originally aired a year ago, but I have been thinking about these tacos a lot lately and wanted to re-share them with you. I’ve been thinking a lot about my blog lately and things I want to do with it… so hopefully there will be some exciting changes coming your way soon!
The first time I made these tacos they were the product of a craving for tacos and not many items in my pantry, but since then I have tested and perfected them into a dish that friends will request when coming over for dinner.
- Pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- Can of sweet corn, drained and rinsed
- One bell pepper (can be red, yellow or green)
- 1/2 of a Yellow onion
- 2 Small to medium sweet potatoes
- 1/2 Package of sliced baby portabella mushrooms
- Peel and chop sweet potatoes into french-fry sized pieces. In a large skillet, heat a few tablespoons of coconut oil and add sweet potatoes to the pan. Cook on medium-high heat.
- Add chopped onion after about 2 minutes. Stir with potatoes and drizzle with more coconut oil.
- In a medium-sized saucepan, combine drained corn and pinto beans. Cook on medium-low heat with 3-4 teaspoons of Valentina hot sauce.
- When onions begin to appear translucent, drizzle Valentina hot sauce into the pan and add the sliced bell pepper. Stir to coat, turn heat to medium heat and cover. After 2 minutes, add a handful of sliced portabella mushrooms, drizzle with more hot sauce, return lid and check in 5 minutes. Turn off heat when mushrooms are cooked. ——————————–
- Place the desired amount of corn tortillas on a plate and microwave for 10-15 seconds. ————————————–
- Fill each tortilla with the sweet potato mixture followed by the bean mixture and top with crumbled feta and a sprinkling of Valentina hot sauce.
(Best when served with a margarita)
Mix one shot of tequila with a splash of triple-sec and top with 100% grapefruit juice and serve over ice.